QuickBooks is an accounting software oriented towards managing the daily operations of small sized businesses. This is why there are multiple users who may access the company file on a daily basis. In order to stimulate this activity, QB works on two different types of modes – single-user and multi-user. These modes have proven to be beneficial in ensuring a smooth QB run. However, when users jump from single-user to the multi-user mode, they may encounter QuickBooks Error H202. Incorrect network settings can poke this issue. Continue reading the blog to understand the know-how of the same.
You must try the solutions that are listed below to fix QuickBooks Error H202. Alternatively, you can also switch to our on-call tech support service offered by our experts at 1-855-856-0042, to improve your understanding.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks has stopped working
Basic Reasons Triggering QuickBooks Error Code H202
- Issue in the multi-user network set up or the hosting settings.
- If the QuickBooks Services are not in the active state.
- Running different versions of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager simultaneously.
- When the IP address of the server computer cannot be reached by QuickBooks.
- Presence of damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files or components in the device.
Simple Tricks to Solve QuickBooks Error Message H202
The methods explained below have been tried and tested to pull out error H202 in QuickBooks forever –
Resolution 1 – Verify if the QuickBooks Services are Running Actively on your Device
- Go to your server computer and press the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- In the search panel, type Run and select the Run option.
- Click on the Open field, enter SERVICES.MSC and hit the OK button.
- Now, you will see a list of applications and programs on your screen. Locate and select QuickBooksDBXX here, where XX is the version year. You will have to repeat the same steps for QBCFMonitorService.
- In the Startup Type field, choose the Automatic option.
- Also, check that the Services Status reflects a Running or Started status. If not, press Start.
- Move to the Recovery section, and choose the Restart the Service option for the following three categories –
- Press the Apply button and then confirm the action by hitting OK.
- Finally, go from the single-user mode to the multi-user mode in all the workstations.
Resolution 2 – Provide the Permissions to Access the Company Files in Windows
- Tap on the Windows button and go to the search panel.
- Type File Explorer and select the File Explorer option.
- Move to the folder that holds your company file.
- Right-click on the folder, select Properties and then the Sharing option.
- Hit the Share Add button and choose the appropriate version for your QBDataServiceUserXX.
- Now, you must modify the permission access for the users to Full Control.
- Tap on Share to confirm the action and open QBDT.
This blog was an honest attempt to provide and explain to you, the most valuable pieces of information that surround QuickBooks Error H202, which also inculcates the triggers and troubleshooting attached to it. Just in case, you require further support in performing the steps above, feel free to connect with one of our certified experts at 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read | QuickBooks error 15101