Accurate land measurements are necessary to determine the market value of a property. This helps assess the loan amount receivable if the land is collateralized. However, there are different measurement units applicable in different Indian states. So, converting regional land measurement units to universal units like square yards or square feet can easily help determine the loan sanction amount.
Therefore, to simplify land area calculation, individuals can use a hectare to square feet conversion calculator. It will help them find out the land area conveniently with a few clicks.
How to use a hectare to square feet calculator?
Here is a step-by-step process to convert hectares to square feet using a calculator.
- Select an accurate hectare to square feet conversion calculator
- Individual needs to choose the units they want to convert on the “from convert” dropdown menu
- Then select units to convert to on the “to convert” dropdown menu
- Input the area in the “from convert” space
- This online calculator will then display results
- Moreover, the first thing you need to know before applying for a loan against property is the accurate measurement of a particular property. Hence, use the online calculator to find out land area without any discrepancies.
This calculator uses the following formula for this conversion process.
- 1 hectare = 107640 square feet
For example, if an individual wants to know how many square feet is 2 hectares?
- Square feet = 107640 x 2 = 215280 sq. ft.
A factor to consider while taking a loan against property is the market value of a property. Therefore, use the hectare to feet calculator to determine the land area and understand the property valuation.
However, to understand land measurement, basic knowledge on hectares and square feet is crucial.
What is hectare?
Hectare is a common unit of the metric system used to measure land plots in many countries across the world, including India. The unit is equal to the area of a square with sides that measure 100 meters. As per the British Imperial System, 1 hectare is equal to 2.47 acres. Although hectare is used with SI, it is a non-SI metric unit. The reason being it is proportional to square hectometre.
What is square foot?
Another prominent measuring unit prevalent in Malaysia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh and Canada is square feet. It is a US customary unit and imperial unit of land area. It can be defined as the area of a square with sides that measure 1 foot. As per the British Imperial System, 1 square foot is 2.29 acres.
The basic formula of square feet is length (in feet) x width (in feet) = area in square feet.
Benefits of using a hectare to square feet calculator
Here are some of the benefits of using the ha to sq ft calculator for finding the land area –
- An individual can derive accurate measurements using a hectare to square feet calculator.
- It reduces the amount of time taken to determine 1 hectare to square feet.
- The calculator provides the land area measurement necessary to determine the market value of the property.
- The individual can understand the amount of loan they are eligible for by placing the plot of land as collateral.
Hence, to avoid confusion and use an online conversion calculator. Many financial institutions that offer loan against property have made this calculator available for free. It helps prospective borrowers to assess their property measurements and then find a loan amount accordingly.
Moreover, to simplify the loan application process, reputed financial institutions have introduced pre-approved offers. These offers are also available on financial products like home loans, loan against property, etc. Borrowers can now check their pre-approved offers by submitting their names and contact details.
Therefore, before an applicant pledges a plot of land as a mortgage, it is crucial to determine its measurements to know the property value. This has been made convenient with the easy availability of hectare to square feet conversion calculator. After determining the property value, compare benefits offered by different financial institutions before selecting one to get a loan against property.