Canon Printer is famous for its high-quality prints. Like other devices, Canon Printer is prone to glitches and failures at times. Printers work properly when they connect to the network and system. Therefore, any difference in network settings or connectivity may cause the printer to show Canon Printer Offline. This blog is about describing the reasons for Canon Printer Reset. How you can quickly address and restore Canon Printer Online.
Reason for Canon Printer Offline Issue
Below are the possible reasons for Canon Printer Offline:
- Default printer settings.
- The printer status is not set to Online.
- A fault in the printer spooler can also cause the Canon printer to remain offline.
- Paper can get stuck in the printer queue.
- Due to improper paper feeding
- Using a damaged USB cable to connect
- Affected Wi-Fi router, ‘Offline’ caused the error.
Steps to Resolve Canon Printer Offline Issue
This blog contains some of the most effective troubleshooting tips available. So, even if you are pulling your hair out, look at the following statements. The solutions we have come up with have been tried and tested, and they will surely help you in resolving the issue that caused the Canon printer to go offline. Without any delay, start the process:
1: Check the Connectivity of the Printer
You have detected that the Canon printer is offline so check the wiring and wireless connectivity. There are a few checks you can do to verify that the connection is working properly. Here’s how to test it:
- Check the USB cables connected to the devices. Be careful using long, bent, and flexible USB cables.
- Verify if you have a Canon printer already installed on your system.
- The printer properly connects to the Wi-Fi connection.
- The computer and printer are connected to the correct Wi-Fi connection.
- Make sure your router is connected to the internet and modem connectivity
- If there is no problem with network connectivity then you can print any document without any difficulty. If the printer is offline but it will still display when you print, even after you have confirmed connectivity, follow the next method to resolve the issue.
2: Restart the Printer Spooler Service
Simply restarting the Printer Spooler service should have your Canon printer back online in a matter of minutes. To restart your print spool, follow these steps:
- Hit on the “Start” button in your Windows system, and then enter “Services” in the search box. Next, click on Services (Desktop App) from the results.
- Right-click in the “Print Spooler” tab. After that, select “Restart. Tap on the “Restart” button. Restart option is gray out, select to open the Start menu.
- Right-click the print spooler again and choose “Properties” this time.
- Then, change it to the “Startup” type to be automatic.
- Select OK and save the settings.
- Reboot your computer now and then print your document to determine if the printer is not working.
- If you are still having the same problem, then try to solve it using the next method.
3: Turn off the “Use printer offline” feature in Settings
When the status of your Canon printer reads “Use printer offline,” turn it off as soon as possible, or it may not print at all. Here are the steps to accomplish this, follow them in your preferred order:
- Click your Windows Search box on the computer screen, and then type the name of the Control Panel in the Search box.
- From the results “Control Panel” selects the “Control Panel” option.
- Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- In the section for printers “Canon printers” in the printer, category checks out the “Canon printers” option and press it with a right-click.
- After that, then click on the “See what’s printing” tab.
- Click “Printers” to see if the “Use printer offline” status is not check. If there is an unchecked checkmark next to it, simply click the checkbox to uncheck it.
- Once again, click on Printers and this time, click on “Cancel All Documents”.
- Print a test sheet to check whether your Canon printer is working properly or still showing that the Canon printer is offline.
4. Reinstall Canon Printer Software for Offline Issues
Canon offline printer issue is most likely cause by an outdated driver for the printer. The above solutions may fix the problem but if they fail then immediately install a new Canon printer driver. We’ll go through how to install and download the most recent Canon printer drivers in detail. Check the following details:
- Navigate to the “Settings” section of your computer.
- Check your “Printers and Scanners” tab.
- Select the Canon printer, and then choose the option to select “Uninstall” from the “Uninstall” tab.
- The printer driver goes from your computer.
- To download its latest version, visit Canon’s official printer site.
- Find “Downloads” in the “Downloads” section and find the correct driver for your printer.
- Install and download the most up-to-date drivers for your printer.
- Be sure to wait for the process to complete.
- After that, restart your computer and printer.
- With the help of this guide, the Canon Printer Offline error will not return and hence your printer will be able to return to printing.
In this blog, we have listed the best solutions to the problem with your Canon printer offline. Applying the right steps in the above suggestions for troubleshooting will convert your printer from offline to online in the shortest amount of time.
Simply contact us and take the initiative to contact the technical team to get your problem resolve. The technical experts handling your problem are highly skilled and talented. With their help, your printer error will be back online so that printing can be done without any hassles.