Shalabhasana can also be beneficial for slip discs. According to a scientific study, slip discs cause back pain. At the same time, Shalabhasana can work to reduce back pain. This can relieve the symptoms of slip disc.
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
Process of Yoga:
- Lay on a yoga mat and then lie down on your stomach.
- Keep both hands behind the hips and palms facing the sky.
- Now join both the ankles.
- Then slowly while inhaling, raise the right leg upwards. This was Ekapada Shalabhasana.
- Try to stay in this posture for a while and keep the process of inhaling and exhaling normal.
- After this, slowly bring the right leg down and do the same process with the left leg.
- After a few seconds of bringing down the left leg, raise both the legs together and stay in this posture for as long as possible.
- In this way one cycle of Shalabhasana will be completed.
- You can do it 4 times in a row by taking a break of a few seconds.
- This asana should be avoided if there is injury to the spine or neck.
- Avoid this yoga during pregnancy.
- Do not do this yoga if you are suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure and asthma.
2. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
According to research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), low back pain can be reduced by doing this yoga. Actually, this yoga stretches the back, which can reduce pain, because slip discs cause back pain. On this basis, it can be said that Setu Bandh Sarvangasana can be included in Yogasana for slip disc.
Process of Yoga:
- First of all, lie down on your back by laying a mat or yoga mat.
- Then bend both the legs at the knees and rest the ankles with the hips.
- Keep a small distance between both the feet.
- After this, hold the ankles of both the feet with both your hands.
- Then while inhaling deeply, raise the waist.
- In this position, the chin will rest on the chest and the head, neck and shoulders will be on the ground.
- Now try to stay in this posture for a while and keep breathing and exhaling normally.
- After this, while exhaling slowly, come to the starting position.
- You can do this yoga up to five times.
- If someone has severe back and shoulder pain, then do not do this asana.
- Do not do this during pregnancy at all.
Important precautions to be taken while doing yoga for slip disc-
Before and while doing yoga for slip disc, it is important to keep some things in mind. These precautions are as follows:
- In the event of a slip disc, it is necessary to consult a doctor before doing any yoga.
- In this situation, yoga should be done only under the supervision of an expert.
- Yoga should always be done in the morning without eating anything.
- While doing this, wear comfortable clothes and keep your mind calm.
- During this yoga, there is severe pain in the slip disc area, then do yoga immediately after doing it and tell the yoga specialist about it.