What are the Necessary Requirements for a Danish PR Visa?

Denmark is among the thriving nations of the world. It has a diverse cultural history and is also under the European Union.  Immigrating to Denmark is still a dream for many. The country is full of top-rated universities, attractive landscapes, and career opportunities. Travelling or immigrating to a new country is not only about booking a flight to a particular destination. In this write-up, you will get to know everything about the essential requirements for a Denmark permanent residence visa or Danish PR Visa.

How to Immigrate to Denmark?

  1. Legal Requirements

Firstly, you need to find out what the legal requirements for immigrating to Denmark are. For entering Demark, you will be required a passport. If you are a resident of the United States, you can reside in Denmark for up to 90 days visa-free.

If you want to extend your stay, you need to apply for a temporary residence visa before you arrive in Denmark. A temporary residence permit is only valid for 5 years. With this visa, you can work within the country and access other facilities such as education and health care.

  1. Setting up Funds

It is quite easy to open a bank account in Denmark as a foreign national. Every bank has its individual rules and regulations. You will need certain documents for opening a Danish bank account, including residence proof, employment proof, or ID proof.

If you are already holding a bank account with a foreign bank, they might work in Denmark. In case they do, you must be able to open an account and perform straightforward transactions online.

  1. Seek Accommodation

It can be costly to find a place to reside in Denmark. It is advised to rent a property before purchasing. Aalborg, Aarhus, Odense, and Copenhagen are famous cities to reside in Denmark. Compared to the north, the south of Copenhagen is less costly. It is easier for the holders of a residence visa to get accommodation as several agencies and property-owners will ask for their CPR number.

  1. Getting Employment in Denmark

After getting your work visa, it is essential to know that you have to talk in Danish to work in Denmark. About 40 percent of jobs in Denmark are government-provided, and all demand adeptness in the Danish language. Finding employment in Denmark without being fluent in Danish is possible through a tech or engineering job.

  1. Getting Education from a Danish University

In case you do not get a job in Denmark, you can pursue an education in Denmark. The country has one of the best education systems in the world. If you are a parent, you may want your kids to study in top schools or universities.

It is crucial to bear in mind that schools in this country are pretty distinct from the school in the US. There are countless private and international schools in Denmark, mainly around the capital city Copenhagen. The fees in private schools are quite economical since the country grants a subsidy, and higher education is free. You can find the most prominent universities in Aarhus and Copenhagen.

How to Get a Permanent Residence Permit in Denmark?

To apply for a Danish PR visa, you have to comply with certain basic requirements. You can apply for this visa after having lived in Denmark for 4 years. Here are the basic Denmark PR visa requirements:

  1. The age of the applicant should be 18 years or above.
  2. The applicant should not have any criminal records.
  3. I need to accept a declaration of residence and self-support.
  4. We should undertake and pass the Danish language test 2.
  5. They must have current employment
  6. They must have been working for a minimum of 3 years and 6 months.
  7. It shouldn’t have worked against the organization of their identity.
  8. It shouldn’t have any unsettled public debts.

Researchers and students who are not residents of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland would need a residence permit to execute research or study in Denmark. The Denmark residence permit can be applied from Danish Immigration Service before entering the country. To apply for this permit, you would have to submit the necessary biometric details to the Denmark embassy/consulate of your native country.


Maryam Sheikh writes something on a daily basis and shares it with the students. He loves to write on different topics, especially on the students who want to study abroad for higher education in foreign countries.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button